Philanthropy Alliance Foundation
Through established global relationships, we're empowering individuals, sustaining communities, and strengthening international municipalities through grassroots alliances.
SEEKING GRANT PEER REVIEWERS FOR FELLOWSHIPS FOR 80 U.S. FEMALE MINORITY EDUCATORS
Open to beginner, intermediate or advance grant writers, Sherita Herring-Oglesby and the Philanthropy Alliance Foundation is soliciting beginner, intermediate and advanced grant writers to assist in a proposal review process, in collaboration with the Wells International Foundation and world-renowned author, speaker and motivator, Jack Canfield (see the full Announcement for EducatorsHERE>>.
Through a quarter of a million-dollar gift, this never-before-offered opportunity is awarding 80 Black, Indigenous, (and/or) People of Color (BIPOC) female educators a 1-year personal development Virtual Fellows for Jack Canfield’s Breakthrough to Success Online (BTSO) program (valued at $3000/teacher).
Voluntarily giving your time and talents, serving as a Peer Grant Reviewer is an excellent way to learn about the grant process, become familiar with a particular grant program and/or funding agency, and network with colleagues and funding agency representatives. In addition, becoming a grant reviewer is one of the best ways to prepare for the development of a grant proposal.
To allow for sufficient time to recruit qualified Grant Peer Reviewers, we are issuing this call now, as the educators are submitting their applications from August 2, 2021 – August 30, 2021.
In support of this competition, Peer Grant Reviewers will:
• Participate in Reviewer discussions, while reading and scoring the submitted proposals.
• Reviewers will read, score, and provide constructive written feedback for applicants.
• Alternate readers may be assigned to read applications or be on standby, if a reader is unable to complete the process.
What’s expected of a Peer Reviewer?
• Selected Reviewers will serve on this esteemed committee from Sept 1, 2021 thru Sept 22, 2021.
• Participate in four 1-hour virtual Reviewer discussion meetings on September 3, 2021, September 10, 2021, September 17, 2021, and September 21, 2021 at 11a PT | 12p MT | 1p CT | 2p ET. During these meetings we'll discuss how to review, the ongoing review process, top submittals and more.
• Read and Score educator submittals (on your own time), which will not only entail their name, address, email and three references, the proposals will include: 1) A 1000-word statement detailing their past and present experience 2) A 2000-word essay discussing why they should be selected for the program.
• Peer Reviewer will not have any conflicts of interest with any of the submitted proposals. For instance, if a reviewer discovers he/she has received a proposal from a relative or acquaintance, the reviewer should inform Sherita, so that proposal can be reassigned to another Reviewer.
What Makes a Successful Peer Reviewer?
• A Reviewer may be a successful Grant Writer, or someone that has the desire to learn more about the Grant Writing Process
• No prior Peer Review experience is required
• Excellent reading and writing skills
• Team player who can work with fellow reviewers to complete reviews and written feedback under time constraints
• Peer Reviewers must commit to being available for required virtual meetings and trainings, in addition to committing sufficient time for reading, scoring, and finalizing written feedback on assigned applications (minimum of 15-20 educator proposals, depending on the submittals received)
• Deadline to submit Grant Peer Reviewer information for the selection process – August 20, 2021 5p CT
• Selected Reviewers informed on August 26, 2021
• Reviewer serves on the Review Committee from Sept 1, 2021 thru Sept 22, 2021.
If you’d like to be a part of this innovative team to advance the careers of 80 U.S. BIPOC educators, please submit your personal information and short 500-word or less statement below.
Should you have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact Sherita Herring-Oglesby at email@example.com, or call (501) 499-6171).
BTSO Grant Peer Reviewer Submittal Page
Copyright © Philanthropy Alliance Foundation. All Rights Reserved